Homer: "You look at this table and all you see is a table. But I see a whole range of things. But no tables!"
Marge: "Homer, that's not a table. That's our dryer."
Homer: "My files!"
Got up about 6:45. Made my lunch - kinda. I just took leftovers from dinner a few nights ago. Mainly cos I didn't have enough bread left to make enough sandwiches to be filling. Though, I doubted this was enough to be filling, neither.
Didn't do much work. Maybe 50%, I think. Maybe.
Read some more of The Silmarillion at lunch. But not much more, really. Was feeling too tired, I guess.
Did some cryptic crossword clues. But most of them were too hard.
And so ends another day.
At least there's some good TV on today....
Finally remember that my parents had given me some stuff to watch - videos - one of which was another AFI Top 100 film, The African Queen. And, since it was called The African Queen (with Queen being the operative word), and since it starred Humphrey Bogart and Katherine Hepburn, I was expecting some horribly drawn out romance.
And I was very pleasantly surprised - it was set during WWI in Africa (dur...), and was called The African Queen since that was the name of some crappy little steamboat upon which 90% of the story took place. And though there was a little romance, most of the interaction between the leads (there was a lot of it) was humorous clashing of personalities kinda stuff. And the main plot was that the steamer was taking a dangerous journey down a river to a lake to be used as a large torpedo to destroy a German steamer that was posing as a threat to allied ships.
Actually, I can't imagine why my Grandma would've been a fan of it... Maybe she wasn't, since I think it was a gift.
Well, anyway, I only watched part of it.
Then I watched My Name is Earl, which was another really very good episode. I think this second season is far superior - not quite sure why. It just seems less inclined to go for obvious lowbrow comedy. Though, of course, most of the funny stuff is still from simple redneck humour.
Then there was SVU, which was again very average. However, there was good news - that new partner girl has left. Yay! So that means Olivia will be back. Yay! That new girl was bad.
Slept about 10:30.
Homer: "My files!"
Got up about 6:45. Made my lunch - kinda. I just took leftovers from dinner a few nights ago. Mainly cos I didn't have enough bread left to make enough sandwiches to be filling. Though, I doubted this was enough to be filling, neither.
Didn't do much work. Maybe 50%, I think. Maybe.
Read some more of The Silmarillion at lunch. But not much more, really. Was feeling too tired, I guess.
Did some cryptic crossword clues. But most of them were too hard.
And so ends another day.
At least there's some good TV on today....
Finally remember that my parents had given me some stuff to watch - videos - one of which was another AFI Top 100 film, The African Queen. And, since it was called The African Queen (with Queen being the operative word), and since it starred Humphrey Bogart and Katherine Hepburn, I was expecting some horribly drawn out romance.
And I was very pleasantly surprised - it was set during WWI in Africa (dur...), and was called The African Queen since that was the name of some crappy little steamboat upon which 90% of the story took place. And though there was a little romance, most of the interaction between the leads (there was a lot of it) was humorous clashing of personalities kinda stuff. And the main plot was that the steamer was taking a dangerous journey down a river to a lake to be used as a large torpedo to destroy a German steamer that was posing as a threat to allied ships.
Actually, I can't imagine why my Grandma would've been a fan of it... Maybe she wasn't, since I think it was a gift.
Well, anyway, I only watched part of it.
Then I watched My Name is Earl, which was another really very good episode. I think this second season is far superior - not quite sure why. It just seems less inclined to go for obvious lowbrow comedy. Though, of course, most of the funny stuff is still from simple redneck humour.
Then there was SVU, which was again very average. However, there was good news - that new partner girl has left. Yay! So that means Olivia will be back. Yay! That new girl was bad.
Slept about 10:30.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home