Homer: "Your putter's name is Charlene!"
Was finishing off that stuff from yesterday, then did a bit of nothing, then got some new superfund, so not too bored, at least.
W& was finally back, and I have some pretty hard evidence that hes the biscuit nazi...
Some guy brought in chocolates, but they were fairly old. I had one - it tasted fairly old.
Left at 1.
Went straight to my optometrists to pick up my contact lenses from like 2 weeks ago. Also bought some more solution stuff.
Watched the rest of Kill Bill vol. 2 while eating my last four rolls for lunch. Was again amazed that the same actor plays the sheriff in 1 and also the latino guy in 2. Was even more amazed to discover that the same guy plays Johnny Mo in 1 and Pai Mei in 2 - which explains why Johnny Mo doesn't say anything - cos I'm guessing that guy (Gordon Liu) has an extremely poor grasp of English. And also, Sonny Chiba, who plays Hattori Hanso (a master Samurai Sword maker), is also the professional Samurai Sword consultant for the film. Oh, and also, I was finally able to confirm that the girl who plays Gogo is in Battle Royale - I think shes that girl in the yellow jumpsuit.
Got two DVDs today - Full Metal Jacket and Rattle and Hum, so I watched the 'first part' of the former; it is in two fairly distinct (and almost unrelated) 'halves'. Again, was amazed that Lee Ermey is the same Lee Ermey (actually R Lee Ermey) from films such as Dead Man Walking and The Texas Chainsaw Massacre - though I haven't seen the latter. Maybe it wouldn't have been such a surprise if I had. Anyway, he served in Vietnam for a while, apparently, and was brought onto Full Metal Jacket to coach the guy who was going to play the Sergeant, but ended up getting the role himself - infamous, they called it. Once again, emulated in the Simpsons by the above quote - there's some fascination with Stanley Kubrick which is just not natural.
Left to go to dinner with parents a bit late - but only a little, and I didn't really care anyway. But, the traffic was quite bad - the freeway didn't get above 70 till like one exit before Armadale. So it took me more than an hour. Ai.
Had some sort of chicken legs in stuff for dinner. Than a small apple pie.
Tried doing more cryptic crosswords, but I only got two clues. Watched some horribly uninteresting TV.
Gave my mum my old phone, which is a few light years ahead of the ones they have. Of course, she was complaining that she couldn't do nothing, even though most of the functions are very similar.
Left at 8:30. My dad said it would take 15 minutes to drive to Carousel. I doubted that - and how right I was. It took me like 25 minutes, and that was driving none too slow, neither.
Watched Bobby with V. His original plan was to watch The Illusionist, but that was only on at 7:30, and that was no good. Well, anyway, it was a lucky break, in my opinion. I donno, maybe The Illusionist is like the next Citizen Kane (ugh, I hope not. But, I mean, y'know), but this Bobby was a pretty damn fine piece of cinema. Not that anything really happened - apart from that guy getting shot - and I'm sure the stories were like quite unrealistic, really, and probably too artificial type stuff if you looked at it properly. But it all seemed to tie in to me - sort of, feeling wise, and it was just a really happy kinda experience. I donno. Anyway.... I don't think V thought it was that good - it was probably too constructed for him, or something.
Went to Fast Eddy's after that. And I had a second dinner. As did he. And we both couldn't finish. Huh.
Finished about 12:15, and the gate was closed so we had to walk around again. And by that time my eyes were getting really tired, so I drove home as fast as possible - taking Manning road straight to the freeway this time.
Slept around 1, probably.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home