Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Homer: "Tuba-maba? Oboe-moboe? Via-molin? Oh, Saxo-mophone!"

Got up about 6:50.

Was again ready really early. Made lunch, but it was still really early. Ai.

Was doing work for the first hour or few, then didn't. It was quiet. And unexciting.

Got a coffee from the coffee guy. As I said, it was boring.

Read some more of The Silmarillion at lunch. I'm just waiting for the next battle to start...

Apparently my computer was supposed to be delivered today between 10 and 1. Well, I didn't hear nothing about that.

Watched two more episodes from my WWII collection, though it was really only supposed to be one episode (The Battle of Russia) but they did it in two parts. Confusing.

Then at night I was reading my tipbook for saxophone, and discovered that its actually in the key of Eb, not Bb as I had previously thought (since its lowest note is a Bb). And so I went through the tune I had of Baker Street and transposed the thing. Maybe that's why it sounded so cruddy when I tried playing it before - I mean, from that sheet. I ended up doing it by ear instead.
It was fascinating reading, but didn't really teach me that much. Its all like - well, there's this and this and this and this, but you will only know in like a few years or something. And that's if you practice everyday. Like how it says that no saxophone is perfectly in tune - you have to make it be in tune the same way you would sing in tune. Well, isn't that great. Frankly, I'm not encouraged when I hear that the supposed same note can be used to play like 6 other notes as well - only by skilled players, but I wouldn't be surprised if us unskilled ones accomplish the same feat by accident. Ai.

Slept about 10:30.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home