"Everywhere you go, always take the weather with you" - Crowded House
Was really tired when I woke up, due to new housemate person arriving at about 3:30 in the AM. But it wasn't so bad, cos today was casual day - in every sense of the word. Yay! Nice day for it, too. Almost too cold to wear shorts. Almost. I would've if I could've. Who cares, y' know?
Got a coffee from the coffee guy in the morning - another cappuccino with 2. Though this time it was a normal size one. Even though I didn't have any money. I needed it cos the weather was damn near freezing and I had to walk down to Dumas House to visit Mogli's dad - on a purely professional basis, of course.
So I was walking down and it started raining a bit. So it probably didn't look to good when I showed up wearing, like, a Billabong tshirt that was half soaked. Oh well. Too bad, I guess.
There wasn't much to do, so I got back by about 10 or so.
Then my namesake+y - the one what got married and left towards the end of last year - came back (on holiday!!!) and brought morning tea. Again. So everyone was looking at wedding stuff and generally chatting from like before 10:30 till 12. Lots of admin time. For a change.
Mogli was leaving at 2 - or more like 10 to 2 - to go to Geraldton for the long weekend, so I agreed to stay around as well. Supposedly working, but not really (as per usual).
Went back home and changed....well, just long pants to short pants, really. Then I took the church stuff and drove out there to get the end of month stuff. Got the stuff and wrote some cheques. Left at about 3:45 or so, probably.
Went to Garbo on the way back to get a VVL. Actually, I mainly went there to find some thongs without the plastic between the toe thingy - so called 'slides'. Cos I'd seen some advertised on TV by the Allmart people what took over Rowe & Jarman. But they didn't have much selection and they were all too 'plasticy' and the straps were too big and they were the wrong colour. So I looked at a few other places, but of course they didn't have nothing either. Lucky I got my VVL, otherwise I would've been really unhappy. I blame Mogli for this.
Got home and I went to print the first bit of accounts stuff, and it turned out I'd run out of paper for the printer. So I had to rush down to the Broadway Newsagency at like 4:45 or so. And I forgot to get a receipt, so I can't claim back the money, neither.
So then I was doing accounts for a considerable time from 5:30 up until about 12:30, when I hadn't finished. I had breaks inbetween of course to do other computer stuff, and also have dinner and watch the end of Return of the Jedi. But, damn, there was quite a lot to do. Thus went listening through quite a lot of music. Which is helpful.
Slept at 12:30. Pretty tired. Still, I was consoled by the fact that I had to still get up pretty early the next day to finish it all off by 12. Great.
Got a coffee from the coffee guy in the morning - another cappuccino with 2. Though this time it was a normal size one. Even though I didn't have any money. I needed it cos the weather was damn near freezing and I had to walk down to Dumas House to visit Mogli's dad - on a purely professional basis, of course.
So I was walking down and it started raining a bit. So it probably didn't look to good when I showed up wearing, like, a Billabong tshirt that was half soaked. Oh well. Too bad, I guess.
There wasn't much to do, so I got back by about 10 or so.
Then my namesake+y - the one what got married and left towards the end of last year - came back (on holiday!!!) and brought morning tea. Again. So everyone was looking at wedding stuff and generally chatting from like before 10:30 till 12. Lots of admin time. For a change.
Mogli was leaving at 2 - or more like 10 to 2 - to go to Geraldton for the long weekend, so I agreed to stay around as well. Supposedly working, but not really (as per usual).
Went back home and changed....well, just long pants to short pants, really. Then I took the church stuff and drove out there to get the end of month stuff. Got the stuff and wrote some cheques. Left at about 3:45 or so, probably.
Went to Garbo on the way back to get a VVL. Actually, I mainly went there to find some thongs without the plastic between the toe thingy - so called 'slides'. Cos I'd seen some advertised on TV by the Allmart people what took over Rowe & Jarman. But they didn't have much selection and they were all too 'plasticy' and the straps were too big and they were the wrong colour. So I looked at a few other places, but of course they didn't have nothing either. Lucky I got my VVL, otherwise I would've been really unhappy. I blame Mogli for this.
Got home and I went to print the first bit of accounts stuff, and it turned out I'd run out of paper for the printer. So I had to rush down to the Broadway Newsagency at like 4:45 or so. And I forgot to get a receipt, so I can't claim back the money, neither.
So then I was doing accounts for a considerable time from 5:30 up until about 12:30, when I hadn't finished. I had breaks inbetween of course to do other computer stuff, and also have dinner and watch the end of Return of the Jedi. But, damn, there was quite a lot to do. Thus went listening through quite a lot of music. Which is helpful.
Slept at 12:30. Pretty tired. Still, I was consoled by the fact that I had to still get up pretty early the next day to finish it all off by 12. Great.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home