Friday, December 08, 2006

"Mother, should I trust the government?" - Pink Floyd

Got up about 6:30. Didn't have breakfast - I didn't really feel like it, but even if I did it wouldn't have mattered, cos I didn't have any milk.
I was feeling like a coffee as I walked in, and it was about the right time but the coffee guy wasn't there. I tried to walk as slowly as possible, but he didn't show up.

Work pretty slow. Played some games and that; new Yeti games, and a little bit of some Ashes game.

Went to Parliament house at lunchtime (I got to change, unlike the others. Hah!) with Mogli and three other work people, including one Indonesian who had never played before, cos they had some cricket net there. And they did, but it was just a lump of cement surrounded by a fence in the middle of the lawn. Anyway, so we did some stuff for a bit. While one of them was bowling to me, he kinda looped it over onto the tennis court next door, which was locked. So some other guy had to climb over - Mogli took a video of it.

I left after that. Went down to the ANZ bank to deposit a cheque and withdraw money. Then went straight back up Thomas street and over to ? street to drop back the DVDs for the Harvest West thingy - probably the last time I'll go there, for the time being at least. Oh, the humanity!
Went to FCC, cos it was on the way, and picked up stuff. Didn't stay long. Cos I was in a hurry, really.

Went to Armadale. It was very crowded - the like main shopping district was, anyway. Drove around for about 15 minutes, although just once around one circle, looking for a spot. I passed Gloria Jeans on the way (it was about the first shop) and it was lucky I was looking there, cos a few shops down was For Eyes (not Four or 4, as my parents had said). Anyway, that section was really crowded, so I resigned myself to having to park a long way away. Then I found a spot relatively near, so that was alright.
Got a VVL, then my grandma's glasses. Had to pay $33, and they had to send the receipt down to Yallingup.

Went to grandma's place. She insisted paying back the $33. Stayed there from about 4:30 till 5, when she had dinner. She went through quite a lot of cigarettes, but didn't seem to smoke that many.

Got back home about 6. Had leftovers for dinner, then did some accounts stuff, but not much, really.

Watched The Wall while I did some ironing. Discovered that my right back speaker was not working; so that was just great. Thus, I didn't get the full Wall experience - but it was good enough.

Slept about 12.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home