Mr Burns: "Its the first annual...Montgomery Burns....award for outstanding achievment in....the field of....excellence!"
Got up about 9:30. Spent until about 2 watching week 3 lectures. We had some guest lecturer guy, who spoke with an American accent, which for some reason makes me believe he was very intelligible. I don't really know why, since I don't have high opinions of American intellectuality, generally. But in Christian evangelical circles....hmm.
Anyway, he actually didn't really say anything that I didn't already know. Cept maybe that Sikhs are montheists, which is weird cos the Indian Prime Minister is a Sikh, while most Indians are very polytheistic Hindus. And also that that third holiest Muslim mosque thingy in Jerusalem is actually built on the exact site of the old Jerusalem temple. I might've been able to guess that, but....nyeh.
Went shopping, and bought more dye. Yay. I might wait a while before I do it, though. I kinda like this like chocolate-orange colour in the sun and that.
Got more movies - I happened, purely by chance, to find Ghandi on video under the 'special interest' section - made my day. Even when they told me they had American Psycho, and they didn't. I also got Chocolat on video (under Arthouse, along with Pulp Fiction - what the?), cos I saw the preview on The English Patient DVD, and it made me want to rush out and get it. Also got The Towering Inferno, Rebel without a Cause and Spartacus (ai...Stanley Kubrick).
Got KFC for lunch - the boneless dinner box again. Actually, I wanted the double BBQ bacon cheeseburger thingy, but I forgot about that.
Watched The Towering Inferno first. It was quite long, but the special effects actually looked quite real, and the general storyline seemed quite realistic, too. Except that it was a terribly unsafe building - as in, ridculously so. Nevermind....
Watched The Sound of Music, cos it was on TV. Yep.
Pretty much went to bed after that.
Anyway, he actually didn't really say anything that I didn't already know. Cept maybe that Sikhs are montheists, which is weird cos the Indian Prime Minister is a Sikh, while most Indians are very polytheistic Hindus. And also that that third holiest Muslim mosque thingy in Jerusalem is actually built on the exact site of the old Jerusalem temple. I might've been able to guess that, but....nyeh.
Went shopping, and bought more dye. Yay. I might wait a while before I do it, though. I kinda like this like chocolate-orange colour in the sun and that.
Got more movies - I happened, purely by chance, to find Ghandi on video under the 'special interest' section - made my day. Even when they told me they had American Psycho, and they didn't. I also got Chocolat on video (under Arthouse, along with Pulp Fiction - what the?), cos I saw the preview on The English Patient DVD, and it made me want to rush out and get it. Also got The Towering Inferno, Rebel without a Cause and Spartacus (ai...Stanley Kubrick).
Got KFC for lunch - the boneless dinner box again. Actually, I wanted the double BBQ bacon cheeseburger thingy, but I forgot about that.
Watched The Towering Inferno first. It was quite long, but the special effects actually looked quite real, and the general storyline seemed quite realistic, too. Except that it was a terribly unsafe building - as in, ridculously so. Nevermind....
Watched The Sound of Music, cos it was on TV. Yep.
Pretty much went to bed after that.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home