Monday, September 04, 2006

Apu: "He slept, he stole, he was rude to the customers. Still, there goes the best damned employee a convenience store ever had!"

Got up about 9:30, after not sleeping all that well and waking up a few times. Got a call at about 8:30, for example, from the guy who wanted to know why I wasn't working, and sounding grumpy about it, even though I said that I was back doing classes now and, if anything, I would be coming in less. Bah.

Went to the city for an appointment to hand in FCC accounts at 11. I only had 5 10c pieces (from yesterday), so I only got 13 minutes in the meter, which would've run out before the actual meeting even started. It ended about 11:30, or so, I guess. But I didn't see no ticket....

Watched week 2 of lectures straight through - more tedious, boring stuff. Still about history and background - yuck!
Ate a Kit-Kat Chunky Honeycomb, which wasn't really very good. Had a normal picnic too, which was great. Finished off my coffee machine coffee - the ground, yucky kind. So back to starbucks beans - hooray! Even though they're quite old - but beans should be able to keep their freshness better. Supposedly.

Watched The Cell while doing my ironing. Visually interesting, perhaps, but severely lacking in terms of plot. Cos, actually, the whole point of going into his head was to:
1) Find out where the girl was and then
2) Save him from his mad self.
So for point 1, they really only discovered where the girl was from the marking on the bench from his house. Now, that memory was triggered by seeing the marking inside the mind thingy, but if they did their work properly they wouldn't have needed that.
And for point 2, all she did was kill the guy. And she didn't need a mind meld to do that.
So, yeah, pretty stupid, really. Plus they tried to rip-off Silence of the Lambs too much.

Watched Ong Bak after that. The fighting was OK, but the plot and the acting was quite terrible - and some of the choreography was lacking, too. Personally, I find Jackie Chans stuff much better, cos he mixes up the fighting by using props, etc. This stuff got really boring towards the end.

Watched both episodes of SVU. The second was a very new episode - its the second last from season 7, which is the latest season. And that was disturbing, but not really anything out of the ordinary of the usual. But the first was about a serial killer impersonating another serial killer, who left clues that had to be solved in a hurry. That was great - and then the bad guy was Percy of The Green Mile - Doug something-or-other. A superb episode.

Read till the end of chapter 1 of my textbook. Now up to the bit about background. Great.....bound to be as interesting as the lectures, I'm sure.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home