Friday, September 01, 2006

"Not only was there no outcome, there wasn't even an income"

An original quote, by me. Cos I had a meeting with the boss, and Mogli was suggesting that maybe this was a pay review, though I told him it wasn't as far as I could tell. So then he mentioned it to another work colleague (who shall not be named), and said that there was no outcome.....
yes.

Was very tired this morning, cos I went to bed past 11 last night. Been having some freaky dreams recently....I had one a few nights ago about a famous actor who I think was (in terms of voice) someone along the lines of Robert DeNiro, though he looked like Jason Lee of My Name is Earl (ie, like Earl), who was doing a "Sam Neil re: those 'eat red meat' ads" like impersonation, by explaing the mystery's of planet Earth from the eyes of intelligent creation. It was most fascinating, especially cos he was travelling to the place he was talking about, in better-than-life colours and something akin to computer-generated like 3D. So when, for example, he was explaining about how high the top of the sky is above the ground, he and the POV rose gradually up through these fairly obvious layers of biosphere. Anyway....I can't really remember specifics, unfortunately.

Mogli finally tried the really bad coffee, and it didn't taste so bad - he actually quite liked it, although I still was put off. But it works better with more vigorous stirring and less water.

Arranged to put World Vision and my car insurance on my new Visa. Then I got my new bankcard in the mail, so I walked down to ANZ to enter a pin number, and also get access to that account on my credit card - which apparently has to be entered as cheque, not savings. Anyway, I think the old guy before me left his mobile phone, cos just when I was about to leave it rang, so they said "don't forget your phone" and I go "its not mine" so they go "well its ours now" so I just shrugged and left.
Then I went up to the Japanese place and got Terriyaki chicken. Hooray!

Started watching Leaving Las Vegas, and also started my washing. It wasn't a great film - just too hopeless people living out their lives, sometimes with each other and sometimes not. However, I did notice Linda (the ditzy receptionist from Becker) was one of the girls that Nicholas Cage tried to chat up, and got himself into a fight cos her boyfriend was right alongside at the time.

Drove out to FCC and got the account stuff, cos its month end and it needs to be done by Sunday afternoon. So that was great.

Then I came back and died my hair. The colour said "champagne blonde", but it turned out much more champage than blonde - ie, its got a slightly orange-ish tinge. Not much else - a lot more subtle than I was aiming for. And the stuff affected my skin a lot more than my hair, making it rather darker. I blame Clairol - I think Loreal is a far superior brand. Garneir is no good either. I think I'm just gonna try and more straight blonde one next time, but not leave it in so long. Or something. I guess.

Watched Futurama, The Simpsons, Everybody Hates Chris and then Bridget Jones' Diary. Then I was really rather tired, and needing to get up early for shopping, so I went to sleep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home