Friday, May 26, 2006

Sideshow Bob: "Well, you know I tried to....kill....some people"

Cecil: "Oh, really? For you see, I have been on Mars for the last two years, with my eyes shut and my fingers in my ears"
Sideshow Bob: "Touche, Cecil."

I love that episode....those Crane brothers are so funny.

Did a little praying.....technically 10 minutes, though not that long.

And yes, WorkM2 was leaving today. I say 'was leaving' cos, of cos, I left at 12:30....I can only assume that nothing happened in the interim.
He brought his own cake, but didn't need to cos the firm provided one as well. And they were both chocolate mudcakes, though one was from Cheescake Shop and the other from Miss Maudes. There were also a few sausage rolls.
Then the partners gave him a gift, which is pretty standard - a maglite and pocket knife (both mini). Then there was the presents and card from 'the rest of us' (though I only signed it today, and Mogli didn't get a chance at all - though I put in some money for him) - it was two books; a travel guide to Canada and a history of the Grand Prix - mainly cos after this, hes going to Canada (for a wedding) and is watching the Grand Prix there.

So I tried to wait for an opportune moment (mainly when there wasn't anyone else around) to give him the book. I think he thought I was only lending it to him, and it took a while for me to get across that it was, like, a permanent thing.
I gave him a card with my personal details on the back, cos he promised to lend me Ultima 9, as well as the X-Files and Babylon 5.

Raced too fast to lunch again, and had to wait about 10 minutes. Back to the usual of just me and V - but he had to complete an assignment, so we took about a quarter of the usual time. I had the usual again - and it worked pretty well. He assured me that despite the fact that he was pressed to complete his essay by 5, there was no dramas in buying the stuff as well - though I wasn't completely assured. Yeah....

Played some CivII, then did an hour and a half of account stuff, then watched The Simpsons, then did another half an hour of account stuff, such that I was as much up to date as possible. I also did one load of washing, and started the next just as I was leaving - late - to go to FNL.

So after that, I ended up talking to the future secretary about arrangements for post June, so missed out on any chance of getting snacky food. And V had missed out to, so we decided, along with LH and her friend, and V's younger sister and her friend and her brother (....) to go to the, for all intents and purposes, 24-hour MacDonalds down Leach highway in Melville. We ended up getting there about 11:45, I guess. I had the nuggets meal - 10 of them. Yummy! V confused everyone by just getting chips, though he ended up relenting to get a cheeseburger - though I don't think it happened. By like 12:15 or so I was really feeling really tired, so I left - though that made them leave too.

Played some CivII. Slept just before 2. No QT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home