Sea Captain: "Arrr....Someone should get keelhauled for that one!"
Woke up about 6:35, so too late to pray again.
Confirmed what Mogli had told me yesterday about their being no Maxim spots, and only KDC ones, so I parked in my old bay - for what will be the last time!
Mogli rang me just after 8, cos I had to show him X's old spot so he could park there. Then, and I forgot to apologise, cos I think it was cos he was talking to me - he locked his keys in. It was just some old car with no central locking, you understand?
Anyway, lucky hes a RAC ultimate (or whatever) member, but he had to wait there from before 8:30 till after 9. And it was outside in the quite freezing cold, and he wasn't wearing a jumper (unlike yesterday).
Got an email from War who was asking some more CGT advice, though I don't remember what I told him last time, so gave him some pretty vague suggestions.....yeah.
Spent the morning talking about kebabs, cos of this place (in Broadway Fair) that both Mogli and WorkC reckon is like so brilliantly great.
So WorkC was late - as I predicted! Me and Mogli went first with WorkB, who, rather predictably, I think, drove like a crazy-type person. WorkP(who doesn't have a unique name - hah!)&MF went too.
I had some lamb one, which was OK for the most part, but the lamb was cooked in some middle eastern sauce thing, which didn't really go well with the egg and cheese and that. So I thought maybe the chicken one would be better - but it is a very big lunch, and pretty expensive too.
Had a nice meeting straight after that - nice in that it was mainly about more fun type stuff, and nice cos it gave me an hour to let the food settle and get some after lunch sleep out of the way.
Mogli, being the extremely hesitant person that he thinks hes not (at least in terms of confrontations) finally suggested a free dress Friday. Unfortunately, he was kinda talked down into maybe doing the stuff when its like for a charity, and that.
Then they mentioned that they're looking for a two-year experienced tax person, and an auditor with similar experience, though maybe a little more. I think they'll be struggling, personally.
Also discussed some end of (financial) year thing, where we have some charity day on Thursday where we help a non-profit with some backyard renovations, then, since we'll be tired on Friday, we work only a half day (um....which I do anyway) then go for lunch or bowling or something.
I, kinda accidentally, told Mogli in the afternoon about this blog, so he suggested my new title - Joe Blogs. I thought it was really funny - but I think I was also a little jealous, cos its really something I shoulda thought of. Especially when I used to call myself Joe King.
"My names Joe King, just joking", etc.
Watched another Seinfeld episode, after The Simpsons, after a little shopping.
Then, during dinner, which I timed almost perfectly to be ready by the time it started, watched my favourite show - though I've missed it the past week, or two. And, despite that I really want to see Shawn Micallef, it was probably the best one I've seen. I thought the guy who did the cricket probably deserved to win, cos he was so quick and it seemed so natural, but I thought the English guy was the funniest - especially with his continous lines about Giles the dog.
Ahhh.....life. Oh life. Do do do do do.
Confirmed what Mogli had told me yesterday about their being no Maxim spots, and only KDC ones, so I parked in my old bay - for what will be the last time!
Mogli rang me just after 8, cos I had to show him X's old spot so he could park there. Then, and I forgot to apologise, cos I think it was cos he was talking to me - he locked his keys in. It was just some old car with no central locking, you understand?
Anyway, lucky hes a RAC ultimate (or whatever) member, but he had to wait there from before 8:30 till after 9. And it was outside in the quite freezing cold, and he wasn't wearing a jumper (unlike yesterday).
Got an email from War who was asking some more CGT advice, though I don't remember what I told him last time, so gave him some pretty vague suggestions.....yeah.
Spent the morning talking about kebabs, cos of this place (in Broadway Fair) that both Mogli and WorkC reckon is like so brilliantly great.
So WorkC was late - as I predicted! Me and Mogli went first with WorkB, who, rather predictably, I think, drove like a crazy-type person. WorkP(who doesn't have a unique name - hah!)&MF went too.
I had some lamb one, which was OK for the most part, but the lamb was cooked in some middle eastern sauce thing, which didn't really go well with the egg and cheese and that. So I thought maybe the chicken one would be better - but it is a very big lunch, and pretty expensive too.
Had a nice meeting straight after that - nice in that it was mainly about more fun type stuff, and nice cos it gave me an hour to let the food settle and get some after lunch sleep out of the way.
Mogli, being the extremely hesitant person that he thinks hes not (at least in terms of confrontations) finally suggested a free dress Friday. Unfortunately, he was kinda talked down into maybe doing the stuff when its like for a charity, and that.
Then they mentioned that they're looking for a two-year experienced tax person, and an auditor with similar experience, though maybe a little more. I think they'll be struggling, personally.
Also discussed some end of (financial) year thing, where we have some charity day on Thursday where we help a non-profit with some backyard renovations, then, since we'll be tired on Friday, we work only a half day (um....which I do anyway) then go for lunch or bowling or something.
I, kinda accidentally, told Mogli in the afternoon about this blog, so he suggested my new title - Joe Blogs. I thought it was really funny - but I think I was also a little jealous, cos its really something I shoulda thought of. Especially when I used to call myself Joe King.
"My names Joe King, just joking", etc.
Watched another Seinfeld episode, after The Simpsons, after a little shopping.
Then, during dinner, which I timed almost perfectly to be ready by the time it started, watched my favourite show - though I've missed it the past week, or two. And, despite that I really want to see Shawn Micallef, it was probably the best one I've seen. I thought the guy who did the cricket probably deserved to win, cos he was so quick and it seemed so natural, but I thought the English guy was the funniest - especially with his continous lines about Giles the dog.
Ahhh.....life. Oh life. Do do do do do.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home