Sunday, May 28, 2006

Mr Burns: "What? Oh, very well...[sings] lets all go to the lobby, lets all go to the lobby, lets all go to the lobby to get ourselves some treats!"

Saw my first ever Radiohead MTV clip today - to my favourite song (Karma Police), what I had already read as described by - that Simpsons book; some guy running along the road in front of a car, and he finally falls over so the car reverses but it leaves an oil trail which is lit by matches from the guy and catches on fire. Yep. As V said, it probably means nothing.

Was counting way too much money....have to go to church tommorrow as security for the secretary when she deposits it....."scary" all the people will say.

We were gonna go for lunch at the "over the road" place, but there were all these cars acting like they own the place, so we ended up going to Southlands instead. V said it must be good, since no-one goes there.
Probably against my better judgement, I had the terriyaki beef instead of the chicken cats. Yeah - was a bit overflavoured, or something.

Got back home at 2:30. Didn't do much....watched an episode of Seinfeld.

Left for the ZPH X-Men III screening at about 3:30, since Pseudo-Unreal said we should be there at 4. I think the idea was so we could wait in line for 25 minutes or so, which we did.

It was quite a good show, but I think they went a bit overboard in the number of mutants and their powers - it makes you wonder why Magneto and Pyro and especially Rogue are so special. Especially with the whole Jean Gray/Phoenix thing - that was just crazy.
But they stayed true to the feel, and the story was still full of enough substance. I especially liked my old friend Kelsey Grammar (aka Frasier, Sideshow Bob) as the blue fuzzy guy. But, considering the amount of people dying or losing their powers, I wonder how the ending could be left so open that there pretty much HAS to be a number 4 (even though this one is called 'The Last Stand'). Note the scene right at the end, after the credits.....

Had KFC for dinner - back to the sweet chilli twister. Still a little too much, though, maybe.

Watched a few more episodes of Seinfeld. Was feeling really pretty tired even though it was only 9, and now I want to sleep even though its only 10:15, and I don't have to work tommorrow. Go figure....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home