Jasper: "'Moon Pie'! My, what a time to be alive!"
Woke up about 7:45. Went to V's place, got there at 9 - to do gardening.
Stayed there, doing gardening. Finished about 12 or so. Had a little lunch, then watched a little of the Billboard Music Awards on the large TV. It was not good.
I then watched 'Downfall'. It was quite a good film, but a combination of subtitles with large amounts of talking couldn't really hold my attention - especially since it was really about The Final Solution or the stuff which makes that whole period.........unique. There was a little segment about the architecture, for example, which I find quite fascinating, even though it was never built. I just found it a bit too shallow, really.
Then, that movie and Kicking and Screaming needed to be returned, so I drove back from Willeton to Nedlands, then Subiaco to return the films. Then back again, cos we had all been invited for dinner. Got back about 6. Watched The Simpsons on large TV. It was another rather silly newer type episode.
Watched 'Army Intelligence' after that (AKA Renaissance Man, apparently, as I found out when I couldn't find it on Amazon.com to mark it as 'Not Interested'). Skipped large parts of the film, cos it was dull. Missed the whole 'Hamelt' thing, which is apparently what its about. But, not too peeved about that.
I think the plan was we stay for the whole 'new year' thing. But, having to wake up at 7 tommorrow- not gonna happen. Besides, although I'd like 2006 to be all nice, and that, experiences in the past have taught me that the slate which is wiped clean on January 1 stays spotless for a very limited time.
Unfortunately, there is little to suggest that this time it will be any different..........
Stayed there, doing gardening. Finished about 12 or so. Had a little lunch, then watched a little of the Billboard Music Awards on the large TV. It was not good.
I then watched 'Downfall'. It was quite a good film, but a combination of subtitles with large amounts of talking couldn't really hold my attention - especially since it was really about The Final Solution or the stuff which makes that whole period.........unique. There was a little segment about the architecture, for example, which I find quite fascinating, even though it was never built. I just found it a bit too shallow, really.
Then, that movie and Kicking and Screaming needed to be returned, so I drove back from Willeton to Nedlands, then Subiaco to return the films. Then back again, cos we had all been invited for dinner. Got back about 6. Watched The Simpsons on large TV. It was another rather silly newer type episode.
Watched 'Army Intelligence' after that (AKA Renaissance Man, apparently, as I found out when I couldn't find it on Amazon.com to mark it as 'Not Interested'). Skipped large parts of the film, cos it was dull. Missed the whole 'Hamelt' thing, which is apparently what its about. But, not too peeved about that.
I think the plan was we stay for the whole 'new year' thing. But, having to wake up at 7 tommorrow- not gonna happen. Besides, although I'd like 2006 to be all nice, and that, experiences in the past have taught me that the slate which is wiped clean on January 1 stays spotless for a very limited time.
Unfortunately, there is little to suggest that this time it will be any different..........

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home