Monday, August 06, 2007

"Men were real men, women were real women, and small furry creatures from Alpha Centauri were real small furry creatures from Alpha Centauri" - Addams

Got up about 9:30, feeling very tired. Got woken up twice in the night, once by I donno what and once by pouring rain. So, its back again....

Went shopping at 10. Stopped off first at the optometrists and got more solution stuff, cos that stuff that I got in Sydney only lasts 24 days.

Then went to Woolworths. Still no pods....so bought a packet of melting moments instead. I'm sure they'll really suck. Also got garbage bags and hand soap - yummo!

Got back just before 11.

Rang Tabor, but there was nobody home.

Ate lunch while starting to watch Dead Man Walking. There's some theme here which I can't pick....

Got to work about 12:40. My weak latte hadn't arrived. But when it did, it was really quite good. I'm stupefied, really. Its stupefying.

Rang Tabor again and they were there. So I managed to arrange to go in for the class tonight and get the enrollment stuff then.
Then I rang up and paid my car registration. Snerp....

Nothing much going on after that. Mogli was complaining about having to do checklists and collate data for accounts. Like I cared....
But he was being more vocal than usual about how bad everything was and how much he wanted to leave. Oh well.
Left at 5.

I was planning to eat dinner by about 6 and leave then, but damn housemates were using the damn kitchen. So I waited around until 5:40 then went and got KFC. I was drinking Mountain Dew, and just finished it when The Simpsons got up to the bit where its like
'I've got Mountain Dew or Crab Juice'
'Ew! I'll take a Crab Juice!'
Good Mountain Dew it was, too.

Went out to Tabor next door to Koorong in Mt Lawley. But there was no staff around, cos it was like 6:30. So I just had to wait around for 15 minutes. Found some old guy who goes to FCC - actually, I think we were in the same row last week. Maybe.... I didn't recognise him really, anyway. But he did me, of course. Dur.....

So the class went from 6:45 to 9:15, with a 15 minute break inbetween. It was pretty interesting - about reference for missions in the Old and partly the new testament - mainly focusing on Jonah and Luke's gospel/Acts. Was almost inspired to do more than Audit level, but then not. We'll see, anyway.

Got home at 9:30. Finished watching Mr Smith Goes to Washington, which took a sudden turn, and Mr Smith ended up having to do a 24 hour filibuster. And it ended way too suddenly, without really concluding anything. Stupid. Oh well - it was an interesting 2 hour crash course in American politics - except that I knew most of it already.

Slept about 11:30 - it wasn't easy getting to sleep again; my brain doesn't seem to be sitting in my head properly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home