Saturday, August 04, 2007

"The long, dark tea-time of the soul" - Douglas Addams

Got up at 9. I was thinking about doing shopping at one stage, but I didn't, cos I didn't know what time my parents would come round and figured it could just be a 'pop in' type thing.

Watched the rest of Thank You for Smoking. It was more like an expose on lobbyists than an expose on the smoking industry. Oh well. They didn't want to be too predictable, I guess.

Did some ironing late morning, while watching The Wall. Great music.... I decided that I might need to buy that song where he goes psycho and smashes everything - called 'One of my turns', or something. I like the 'oh! no!' bit.

Parents came around a bit after 2, and we went over to Claremont oval to watch football. That's like WAFL football - Claremont v East Fremantle. And they were late, so we came right at the end of the first quarter. Sat for the next quarter on some hill, but it was looking straight into the sun, so moved around the other side at half time.
Spent most of the game looking for some guy who's name was Trinity. Finally saw him in the last quarter, cos he was like a full back defender type guy. Actually, not a bad player from what we saw. Probably has to be to make up for the name.
So Claremont ended up winning by like 4 goals, which was expected. But they got all that in the last 5 minutes, and East Fremantle nearly caught up by battling for the last half, bar the last 5 minutes. Too bad....
Then went back home.

Watched World Trade Center, by good ol' Oliver Stone. And it was vastly superior to Alexander, which was his last film, except for some documentary stuff, or something. I guess cos its been done to death already (and possibly the emotional trauma involved), he kinda skipped all the buildings falling down and the planes striking the towers, except for the noise. And, of course, its told pretty much first person from the cops and their families, so they're underneath when it falls, so its just noise and dust and stuff. And thus the film is quite slow and that. But nowhere near as soppy and American (or, anti-American) as I expected.

Was gonna watch one of the movies on TV - Catch me if you can, or some old women film - but just watched The Wall with commentary instead; with Roger Water's doing impersonations of Bob Geldof "Punk Fliyd load of crup" in Irish, etc.... so funny.

Read an email from V at about 9:45 that happened to mention he was going back to Sydney at 12 tonight for like 6 weeks. So I rang him, but, of course, he was busy packing already. So that's that, then.

Slept sometime around 11. Not very well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home