Saturday, July 28, 2007

"And for those who prefer drama, there's sport" - Monty Python's Flying Circus

Got up at 9, cos Mogli rang me. Couldn't say if I was awake or not - I think so.
Had a shower and started downloading all those songs that I bought yesterday. Went over to his place at 10:15.

He decided sometime last night or something that he was going to buy a Wii. So we went to Target to get a catalogue so some other place could price match - and they didn't have any. So we had to wander around the store till we found one. They were also out of all Wiis and accessories.
Then went Harvey Norman and got more catalogues. But the Wii wasn't on special there, so left it and went off to JB Hi-Fi. And they were selling it for $388 with two games (although one was Resident Evil which Mogli didn't approve of). But he got it anyway. But he also wanted the Wiiplay with the bonus controller, and JB had it cheap but no stock. Also looked at Macbooks. Super. Saw 13 & o there - that was weird.
Then went down to Myer at Garden City. They had Wiiplay in stock, but the guy said they couldn't price match with JB cos JB had none in stock. So Mogli rang like four other JB places until he found one which had none but said their computer showed one other one had three, even though they themselves said they didn't have any. But he got the good price, anyway.
Went and got lunch at Jesters. It wasn't enough....

Watched a bit of Carlton v Saints. Somehow, I tipped Carlton - odd. They lost, of course.
Then played some Wii. Its kinda strange - not to mention fairly strenuous. Played like tennis, baseball, bowling, golf, boxing and then these weird shooting and aiming games, that weren't very good. Mogli was just going on and on the whole time about how much it was all costing....
Left about 2.

Saw on my footy tips today that I got the exact margin for the Eagles v Bulldogs game; should've bet....
And of course stoopid Fremantle lost by record amounts - how could anyone have seriously expected them to win?

So I spent basically the whole afternoon checking my itunes tunes that I downloaded. And like putting away my clothes from the past week and all that stuff from the previous three in Sydney. And throwing away all those receipts.

Then started watching Mr Smith Goes to Washington, since the version of Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire I had seemed to be in French. I was expecting Sidney Poitier to be in that film, for some reason, so was really thrown when it turned out to be that James Stewart guy from Its a Wonderful Life. Still, its alright so far.

Watched some Seinfeld and had a coffee, which meant I could finally use my Epic beans. And, it really didn't make any difference - still just tastes like quite bad and stuff. Sigh....

Went and got Hungry Jacks for dinner again. I once again wanted onion rings and a vanilla thickshake, but they never gave me the opportunity, so just got the standard bacon deluxe large meal. Oh well. Sickly type burger....

Watched Enemy at the Gates, but only cos it was on earlier - I ended up watching quite a bit of Stepford Wives cos I was changing during the ad breaks. And its a better film. Nyeh.

Slept about 12.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home