Saturday, April 19, 2008

Skirting around the edge of nowherere

Got up about 9:30. Cold....
Had some bacon. Fairly cold. But, hey, its bacon.

Had a not very hot shower. The booster switch for the hot water seems to have gone missing.

Fed chickens. The rooster (who is not well) had managed to fall so that its head was stuck underneath the tin wall. Had to 'remove' it and leave it sitting in the middle of the yard (since it can't really walk). Everyone had assumed it was dead.

Checked rain. Not much.

Got firewood from shed. So we won't have the hot water problem again, at least.

Went to look for fishing spots. Donno if they found anything; I stayed near the car.

Went to some bay and did a 400m walk to Castle Rock. Took a souvenir rock; cos I felt like stealing something.

Looked at Eagle Bay. A lot more bushy and enclosed and private than I thought.

Went to Dunsborough. Got coffee from the Yallingup (how ironic!) Coffee Co. Nyeh. The first few sips ruined it - I guess after that it wasn't that bad, really.

Went to Gracetown. There was supposed to be a good eating place there - NOPE!

Went to Margaret River. Had to get petrol - like 158c, or something. SIGH!
Walked around a bit. People went and got meat for dinner from the butcher. Yay.

Had a doner kebab from some Turkish shop. Pretty standard kind of kebab - so, good.

Got a sponge from Coles to stop wiper blade squeaking. Actually, it was like three sponges, and then I only used a tiny tear off from one. But I guess it was only $1.70, so that's OK. And, unbelievably, it seemed to work.

Went to Voyager. Hasn't really changed....
Drove in and then straight out of Leuwin.

Went to Laurence; to look at the toilet. Yes; it was insane. Unfortunately, 13's brother took photos; but I didn't dare.

Went back. Almost straight away, 13 and his brother decided to go fishing. And I, being the only other male classifiable as 'young' adult was obliged to tag along.
No fish. Shock!

Came back.
Checked parents mail and charged my ipod; even though I really only used it to and from the fishing spot.
Read some book. So it wasn't pointless taking it, after all.

Had steak for dinner. Not bad. A tad underdone, perhaps. Good potatoes.

Played Wii Olympics. Hours of entertainment!

Slept about 1:30.

Rain on a cold tin roof..... The attic; its not the best sleeping location in the world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home