Monday, December 04, 2006

"Now I know what I've been looking for all these years - myself! I've been waiting for me to come along! And now I've swept me off my feet!" - Jerry

Got up at 9:30, which was OK. I guess.

Watched the rest of Seinfeld, partly while finishing off my ironing. The last episode is really great, and there's some other good ones around there. So....finished on a high, yeah? Great.

Didn't really eat anything. Which was weird, but I didn't feel hungry. Then I got to work and felt hungry. Ahh..... And most of the biscuits were crappy.

Before I got to actual work, had to drive Mogli down like one block to a post box - and I thought the closest one was down on Hay Street. Sigh....

The computers and the phones were still on normal time. Apparently, there was some problem with changing the computer time, because it has to be changed on the server cos its got some fail safe if the computers are different by such-and-such amount of minutes. Anyway....
So we had to all turn off at 4:30 to install this patch on the server which required it to be reset. Then we all got back on at 4:50, and nothing had changed. Ah.

Left at 5. Did Mandarin unit 5, which was still very easy, so I'm gonna skip ahead to unit 10 tomorrow. Its good now that The Simpsons has moved from 6, so I don't have anything to watch until 7.

Made dinner at 6:30, so it was ready by 7. Then did some accounts till 8:30. Then watched SVU - such a great show. I can hardly find an episode where it goes wrong, although I have my favourites, of cos. I can't believe, especially, how much better it is than normal Law & Order or Criminal Intent. Or that other one about the Jury bit, although that had better, more modernised theme music.

I guess partly cos it was daylight savings, I was planning to go to bed by 10:15 but just wasn't feeling tired. I managed to force myself, eventually, but it was like 10:45 by then, and I think it was more of a conscious 'it really is quite late' sorta thing. I wanted to keep proof-reading my story, cos I'm worried that when writing just a page straight I'm ignoring flow. But I only got through the first page, which I'd been through many times before, I think.

But I'm getting back that feeling that there is something I should be doing - some sort of purpose to my life. I have this gnawing sense of anticipation nearly all the time, for something. And it doesn't feel like something bad. Till later, though, I guess. I mean, I've had it at times before, and its never eventuated into anything. Mainly cos I don't know what it is I'm supposed to do about it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home