"It's like rain on your weddding day, a free ride when you've already paid, the good advice that you just didn't take" - Ironic, Alanis Morisette
Walked down to Collins street, then down to the alley near Flinders station.
Had breakfast at some little place that sold crepes - I had a jam one and a latte for about $5. There was some nice artwork in there in a colourful, abstract style which were of that cafe; a nice touch. Once again, they only accepted cash. I'm trying to find a place where I can pay, but I'm determined to only use credit.
Walked down across the bridge to the NGV art gallery next to Hamer Hall - it was closed. So walked past the floral clock (nothing to write home about there) to King's Gardens; or Horrid Bird Park, as I renamed it - it was full of prolific numbers of Indian mynahs, noisy minahs, ravens, domestic pigeons, blackbirds and starlings.
Went to the Sidney Myer music bowl - it was also closed. Could've taken photos of the piles of rubbish in there, but I felt that didn't capture the Christmas spirit what the bowl is famous for.
Saw an Oscar (with the engraving on the back of the stand - most peculiar) and models of the Matrix sentinels. Lots of stuff for the movie Australia, and also lots of old, foreign films; most of which I had never heard of, let alone seen.
Had a bit of lunch nearby in another part of Fed Square, at some Beer place. Wanted a beef pie, but they were out, so had a chicken one instead, plus a vanilla milkshake. Admired the cute sparrows, one of which came up and pecked my finger.
Then looked in the nearby art gallery (an offshoot of the NGV thing, apparently) at some collection of some artist/patron - apparently the largest collection ever donated (at least in Australia). It had some good stuff, but too much of the awful abstract type, like 3 different coloured painted squares.
Left about 4:15 and went back to the room. Hung around there for a while - I changed out of my shorts, which was a bad mistake.
Walked down some lane near the China'town' street and had dumplings. I was expecting char sui pao, but it was the slimy ravioli looking one instead. Well, it was cheap, if nothing else. On the way out, passed the Gaylord Indian restaurant. Wanted to take a photo, but it was too obvious.
Then went down to Collins street, to the Athenaeum, to watch 'Shane Warne - the musical'. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be; depends how much you paid for it, I suppose.
Finished at 9:30 and went back.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home