Friday, July 13, 2007

"You reign, you reign, over heaven and earth you reign. With power and justice divine, over heaven and earth you reign" - United Live

Friday the 13th. Oooooohhhh!
They say its bad luck to be in King's Cross on Friday the 13th....
....as opposed to every other day.
Ka-ching!

Got up a bit past 9. Was actually awake for a while and thought maybe I'd missed the alarm or something. Then it was way too cold. V also seemed very reluctant to get up.
Left about 9:50.
Got a sausage roll from the next door place - I was almost tempted to get one last night, but resisted, so this morning I was pretty hungry. And, damn, its so good. I realise I'm probably funding some underground (well, its mostly above ground over here) drug/porn ring, but I'd find it hard to care if someone said so. Yes.

Walked down to the new internet place - it was really freezing on the way, and I was doubtful the showers would hold out till 'late', when they were supposed to come.
Thus, I finally managed to update all my finances properly. At present, my net cash position is about $5k less than 2 months ago. But, people are behind in paying me their portion of rent etc, and I haven't got paid this month yet - should be early next week, I guess.
Tried to find out details for the United Live city thing tonight, without success. So V just took the number to ring them later on.

Went down to Market City. I was looking for a suitcase and found a $25 one like straight away. But I didn't buy it then. I did get a $5 glass paperweight thing instead. I saw some nice ones before (where they sell the rock mats) of the city and opera house and bridge, but they were like $50. This one was only of some sea cows, or something, but it looked pretty alright for $5.

Went across the road to Oporto for lunch, cos Mogli reckons its better than Nandos - though I knew V would be a hard sell on that front. I guess it was better - but only because it was slightly cheaper. V remained faithful to the latest find of Chick to Go being vastly superior.

Wandered around a bit more. Found a convenience store & I bought a latte kit-kat. It wasn't very good.
Then later on found another convenience store, and I bought a key ring which said 'I pray that God isn't too fussy'. It was about the only one with a G rating, so that was nice.
Went and had a look in Sony Central, then a $1 shop (although most things were more than that). Then V bought some weird fruit jelly cups from an Asian grocery store - which is like open to midnight. Right under the EY building all that stuff, too. Great.

Then we went back to the markets and got the case - she actually gave it to me for only $22, so that was nice. But then had to pull it all the way back to King's Cross. On the way, saw some busker playing guitar who had another balanced on his head - and that's like perpendicular, not horizontal. I should've given the guy money and taken a photo - but I just wanted to get back with that case.
Hence, as soon as we got back, V fell asleep.

Left at about 5:45 and walked back to the city.
Had Fullhouse (the Japanese place with the incredible chicken katsu) again. Got Ton Katsu, which is pork, but almost exactly the same as the chicken one. So, it was good. But not great - it was fairly early and I guess the chef wasn't totally warmed up, or something. But it still looked just as good, so I took a photo with my great food setting - pictures good enough to eat, etc.

Then went down to the station and caught any old train to Redfern.
Got to United Live when it was just starting. It was OK - praise was a bit nyeh but the worship was still good (I think cos we had Brooke Fraser) - except they sang that song from Mighty to Save (where its just that weird voice guy singing solo) which I think is one of their worst, then the above You Reign song, which was good but I'd never heard it before - if you can tell me where its from, I'll give you my everlasting gratitude (you don't even know what everlasting is. yes i do. so what does it mean? till i ask you again).
Then just before the speaker they sang How Great is Our God, which was nice - because I knew it (and so did everyone else).
The speaker was having his like first time as a new youth pastor. He was pretty OK - pretty funny and stuff I guess.
So there was a bit more singing after. Then left about 9:45.

Walked back to the station. Got water on the way. Was pretty quiet - but there seemed to be lots of police around, so maybe that's why.
Got back to King's Cross station at 10:30. Took the back way - man, its so much more peaceful.
Saw a guy being searched by police from out window. V tried to take a photo, but it was too dark (and, understandably, he didn't want to be using the flash).
Slept about 12.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home