"Its plain to see that your brains are very small if you think walking will be knocking down our wall" - Veggie Tales
Got up at 9:30, with the alarm. Probably could've gotten up earlier....oh well. It felt really cold in the room, but at least the sun was shining brightly.
Left at a bit past 10 and walked down to the city. V wanted to go to the internet cafe first, so we went to the new, flashier one what we discovered on the wanderings last night. It was essentially the same rates, but only if at least $5 was purchased at a time. So he started that, and there was a GJs in the same building so I got....no, actually it was a mocha. Which was alright, I guess. Nyeh.
Then I bought some time for myself. And its really great, cos these computers have Excel and Word, so I used my USB - but then I realised that I'd left my first bit of paper of my spending back in the room, cos I figured that I'd never get this opportunity. So that kinda sucked. Did a bit of editing of my story, though.
Then went down to Woolworths and I bought water. V was gonna get water too, and toothpaste (cos that's the next thing that he's lost), but decided to come back at the end of the day.
Then walked down to the harbour - specifically the Opera House. On the way, stopped to watch some street performer who stood on a bicycle on top of a pole and juggled a flaming torch, a knife and an apple and periodically took bites of the apple in the meantime. I gave him $10, cos, unfortunately, I didn't have a $5. Passed by that spot another two times and he was doing it again and again. Must be making a packet, that guy.
So walked around the Opera House and took a lot more photos. But the sun wasn't in the right place... Still, took photos of John Howard's house. I still think....
Then walked back around the other side near the bridge. Went to a souvenir shop, cos V wanted to buy a stone mat. They looked pretty cool. Then took some more photos around the bridge there. I again tried unsuccessfully to get some better perspective shots.
Then went back over to the Opera House side and walked around in the botanical gardens there. That is a lot more like Kings Park than Hyde Park is. Quite nice, really. But its only open 7-5. So we stayed there as the sun was going down, then left.
Then V wanted to go to Myer, but I was pretty sure it shut at 6 when we came down on Tuesday, and it was already past that. But it was still open - late night shopping day. Super! So he went and bought 2 more business shirts and ties and while he was trying the size again - I saw a Van Heusen in such a lovely blue colour, and it was only $45 - so I had to get that.
Then went to Giordano's again, though the one near the food court this time (again) and V got more clothing.
And then went to HMV, but all those CDs were too expensive compared to the $10 place.
Then V was looking at Borders, but we resisted and went to Angus and Robertson instead. And I found a nice small Crime and Punishment for $13 - so that was that then.
Then we went back to Woolworths, and V got his toothpaste and water.
Then went back to the Internet Cafe. Got there about 8 and left at 10.
There were people outside having a BBQ....I don't really want to know what they were cooking with.
Slept about 11:45.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home